Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions are valid as of August 1, 2021
To use the taxback service from Canadataxback you
- must have worked in Canada under an International Experience Canada Visa (Working Holiday, Young Professionals, International Co-op Internship)
- must have left Canada permanently
The information on www.canada-taxback.de is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. www.canada-taxback.de contains information tailored specifically to the tax situation of a temporary worker under an International Experience Canada Visa (Working Holiday, Young Professionals, International Co-op Internship)
Canadataxback tries to gather the information for this website from reliable sources and 6 years of own experience. Canadataxback welcomes your comments regarding correction of errors. Please note, Canadataxback does not work for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
The users of information on this website are responsible for the consequences and results of their own actions. Users should not only trust the content of this homepage, but should also seek professional advice if the tax situation is more complicated.
Under no circumstances will Canadataxback be liable for any damages, costs or subsequent damage arising from the information provided on this website.
Easy steps to get your Canadian Tax Return with Canadataxback
- You fill out the SSL-secured request form
- You will receive a non-binding and free tax calculation by email
- You decide whether you want to use the taxback service
- You will receive an invoice for the service fees
- You will pay the service fee
- You will receive the documents as a PDF and encrypted by email
- You print, sign and send the documents to the CRA yourself by post
- You personally will get the cheque if you receive a tax refund
- You cash the cheque at your bank in your home country
- You will pay the tax amount owing to the CRA if you owe taxes
Calculation Request form
The request form is encrypted by an SSL certificate, which means that data can be transmitted securely.
Upon receipt of the request form, Canadataxback will send you a free and non-binding estimate of the tax calculation. The amount of the tax calculation is based on the information in the request form and is not yet a guarantee of a tax refund.
Depending on the tax situation, further questions must be answered outside the request form, and additional receipts and proofs may be necessary. Communication takes place via the e-mail address specified in the request form.
- The service fee for filing the tax return is 5% of the calculated tax refund amount.
- The minimum service fee is $10 per tax return.
- The service fee for a tax return for taxes owing is $10 per tax return.
- The maximum service fee is $60 per tax return, no matter how high the tax refund is.
Canadataxback accepts PayPal as payment. PayPal is considered one of the safest payment methods.
If you do not have a PayPal account, no worries, payments can be made with all major credit cards through PayPal without the need of an account.
An invoice will be sent to the e-mail address specified in the request form. All customers are responsible for paying the invoice before receiving the secured PDF tax return.
If you opt for the Canadian tax return,
- A copy of your passport or identity card will be required as proof of your identity.
- Canadataxback will prepare the tax returns to the best of their knowledge and belief and according to the current tax rules.
- You will pay the agreed fee.
- You automatically agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Proof of identity will be uploaded upon request via a provided, secured form.
When Canadataxback prepares the Canadian tax return for you, Canadataxback assumes that
- You have not yet filed a tax return in Canada for the tax year.
- You will provide your personal information and all types of income (both from Canada and outside Canada) completely and truthfully.
Canadataxback reserves the right to reject the tax return service if there is a suspicion of intentional violation of the Canadian Tax Act.
The Canada Revenue Agency has the final decision on the exact tax calculation. They might charge interest for late filing or request repayment of benefits or use the tax refund for unpaid taxes or benefits you were not entitled to.
You will receive the completed tax return by e-mail as a PDF, which is protected with a password that only you and Canadataxback knows.
If the Canada Revenue Agency calculates a different tax amount due to missing or incorrect information, Canadataxback accepts no responsibility if the “Notice of Assessment” is modified by the Canada Revenue Agency .
Missing/incorrect information includes, for example:
- omitting a Canadian T4 slip
- not reporting additional income for the tax year*
- not reporting foreign income for the tax year*
- if the taxpayer has failed to report income in the request form and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) had to recalculate the taxes as a result.
- if the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) uses all or part of the tax refund to offset an amount owing.
*Canadian Tax Year is January 1 – December 31